– [Announcer] From Seminole Hard Rock in Hollywood, Florida this is Poker Night in America. (jazz music) – Hey, hey, hey, it is still ladies’ night and we are on Poker Night in America. – Single ladies, make noise! (record scratches) (crickets chirp) Never mind. – It’s our final night here at Seminole Hard Rock which means go big or go home, or just go regular, because it’s a cash game, and well, you know how that works. – Way to sell it, Chris.
How good must you be running in other aspects to have that mountain of chips then? I’m just playing a million hands. Well, you’re playing amazing!
Have you ever noticed I never have a good hand (laughs) I thought that was good. I’m just playing a lot better than everybody (laughs) – (Chris) Well you know, Natasha Mercier and Lexy Gavin are currently stuck a little bit, but fortunately, there’s still a lot of poker to be played. – All right, it is our last night of ladies’ night here on Poker Night, and right now, Samantha Abernathy is our biggest winner, and we’ve got a seat open. Seat six, anybody, come on, sit down. – [Joe] There’s actually a name on the list here.
It’s Josephine Staplefire. – [Chris] No, no. – [Joe] I’m just a wee girl looking for a wee game. – [Chris] No, you can’t do that, Stapes.
One of our ladies’ nights, I guess we did have Phil Hellmuth sat down and played a couple of hands, so… – [Joe] Phil defies gender. – [Chris] All right, this is Jessica Dawley, and she is raising the 150 with pocket tens. Cate Hall and her appearances on Poker Night in America include the grudge match with Mike Dentale, and unlike that night, we’ve actually got really good players against Cate tonight. (Joe laughs) – [Dealer] Reraise 650. Here comes the flop. – [Joe] All right, three ways to the flop.
Beautiful flop for two tens. – Check. – [Chris] Good flop for sixes for that matter, too. 950 to bet from Cate Hall. – [Joe] Dawley calls. Good fold, Jamie.
– [Dealer] Heads up. – [Chris] So it’s pocket tens and two overcards going to the turn. – Check. – [Joe] Not exactly a scare card.
Cate can keep repping. – [Chris] Cate did pick up the gutterball. – [Joe] Oh yeah, so maybe she’ll bet that. – [Chris] I would, I mean, but I’m terrible, so that doesn’t really equal anything. – [Joe] Explains why she checked.
– [Chris] (laughs) And there’s the river, and she gets there. – Check. – [Joe] Wow.
– [Chris] Yeah, look at that. – [Joe] That is such a good card. – [Chris] Cate Hall, in the last 25 seconds, has just caught more gutterballs than I have in the past decade, so congratulations.
– [Dealer] Bet. – [Chris] 3850, the bet from Cate Hall. – [Joe] She just backed her way into this so beautifully, I don’t see how two tens gets away. – [Dealer] Call. Straight. – God, how do you do it?
I even have two blockers. – [Joe] That was gross. – Nice hand. – [Joe] Whoo, horrible.
– [Chris] Just a reminder, you can win a free seat at this poker table and play against the pros on national television. To win, simply download our new free poker app, play some hands, and you qualify to enter our grand prize sweepstakes. It’s totally free with no catch, so pull out your phone and download it now.
– [Sam] I don’t have anyone watching. – Me either. – I mean, not that it really matters. – [Natasha] I asked Jason to watch, and he was… I did it for him all day yesterday.
It was like, “There is football today, sorry.” – [Jessica] What a guy. – [Natasha] I know. – [Sam] Marsh is watching. – [Natasha] Marsh is watching in her room, for sure. – [Sam] Yeah.
(laughs) – [Joe] They’re talking about a dog, everyone. – [Sam] Oh, I can’t wait to see my cat. – [Natasha] He’s got his own little computer. (laughs) – [Sam] And it’s mini. – [Natasha] Yeah, it’s super cute. (laughs) – The background is you.
(laughs) – [Joe] Gavin’s whiffed, and it looks like she is gonna run a bluff. – [Natasha] It’s not me anymore. It’s Jason.
– [Sam] Yeah. – [Joe] Cate keeping her honest. – [Sam] He bumped you down the list. – He only sleeps next to me, that’s it. The whole day, he ignores me. – [Joe] Unfortunately, Lexy could very well think this is the perfect card to continue on.
– [Jaime] I thought you were talking about Jason. (players laugh) – [Jessica] So did I. – Him too, actually.
– [Jaime] I was like, “Maybe I could handle a marriage. “It sounds fine.” (players laugh) – [Sam] Actually, I’m rethinking this. – [Chris] Well, she continues the action.
1200 is her latest bet. – [Joe] And I think Cate’s in the perfect spot to just keep calling. – [Chris] That she does.
So this pot now approaching five K. Two pair for Hall on the river. Didn’t need it, but got it anyway. – [Jessica] I already had two of them.
(laughs) – [Joe] She wasn’t folding before, and she’s definitely not folding now. The least she could do is bet and take away Lexy’s opportunity to bluff this. – [Sam] From the minibar? – [Jessica] No. (laughs) – [Sam] From where?
– [Jessica] I brought a bag. – [Sam] Oh. – [Joe] Nope. – [Jessica] Since we’re wondering. – [Jaime] Since I remembered. (players laugh) – [Jaime] Once the flop’s over, if you don’t call it… – [Jessica] Yeah, if you didn’t call it, let’s do that.
– [Sam] That’s what I said when you interrupted the middle of the hand. – [Jessica] It’s more fun. – [Chris] Lexy, this is a commendable effort. You’ve done your absolute best here. This is just bad timing.
It’s not you, it’s her. – I had… – Yeah, nice hand. – [Chris] Just some really terrible timing, like needing to go commercial just when things are getting good.
– Now you’re thinking I’m like (mumbles). (laughs) Actually, I should want you thinking that, (bleep). – [Chris] Cate Hall is a force to be reckoned with, adding over 11 grand to her stack to start the evening. We’ve got more table captain Cate when we return. – [Joe] Welcome back to Sauvignon Blanc Night in America.
Don’t tell Kimo Sabe. (Chris laughs) Don’t worry, I’m gonna make it up to them with some good old-fashioned product placement. – (laughs) It’s because I was mean to you once. – [Chris] Poker Night is brought to you by Kimo Sabe Mezcal. – I don’t remember that, but I can totally believe that because I have like a frightening emotional reaction.
(Natasha laughs) – [Jaime] Are you gonna play the side thing, or are you in the tournament? – [Jessica] Now I’m like, now it’s you. – [Jaime] It’s me this time. – I’ll pass it on. – I’m gonna play that side thing tomorrow. – [Cate] Oh, I remember what it was, okay.
(laughs) – No, don’t remember. I didn’t mean to make you remember. – Yeah. Okay, I’ve forgotten again.
(laughs) – [Natasha] I also grew up after that. – [Joe] Let’s keep the white wine a-flowing. Sam, don’t put that glass there. – [Chris] That is the definition of the word precarious.
(Joe laughs) Is it not? – [Natasha] I’m gonna go get wine. – [Chris] Right now, in the truck, there’s about three guys who are just absolutely losing it that that wine might spill. Oh good, you just took them off the ledge. That’s nice. Flop is Jack high, but two spades, so that gives both players a little something.
– [Joe] Top pair for Sam, nut flush draw for Jamie. – [Natasha] Hi, can I get to Chardonnay please? I’ll come get it in a second.
– [Chris] And Kerstetter is there. – [Joe] Sam drawing dead on this turn, and I like that Jamie’s not slowing down at all. – [Jessica] Cate, how long you staying for? – [Cate] Here? I don’t know.
I haven’t booked a flight yet. I’m going to– – Are you playing the bounty tomorrow. – [Cate] What? – Are you gonna play the bounty tomorrow? – [Chris] And Jamie’s got the stone cold nuts on this river. – [Natasha] Yes.
– [Cate] I don’t, I haven’t even looked at the schedule because I just seemed there would be a day two. What is it? – I wish they would let you direct buy. – [Cate] What is the bounty? – 1650.
– It’s good. 1650, 500 bounty. – [Cate] If there’s any tournament scheduled tomorrow, almost guaranteed I would get in, so… – Yeah. – [Chris] Sam getting a little loosey-goosey.
– Nope. – Wow. (players laugh) See, hair and makeup, it’s the heat. – It’s Desiree, you could get her so much business. – [Cate] How good must you be running in other respects to have that mountain of chips, then?
– [Sam] I’m just playing, like, a million hands. Haven’t you noticed, I never a plan, I never have good hand. (players laugh) – [Cate] I’m just a lot better than everybody. (players laugh) – [Sam] No, I mean I’m just playing, no. – [Joe] Man, those empty wine glasses are piling up. I am starting to like Josephine Doubtfire’s chances in this game.
Oh, I just want to play it a few hands, dearie. – [Chris] You gonna cover your face with frosting, too? – [Joe] One sugar or two? – This is it, this is my time. – [Dealer] 100 more. – [Natasha] It’s 100 more.
– Oh, police over there. – [Joe] All right, we are going three ways to this flop. Maybe it Sam’s turn to make the nut flush. Hey, and flop the nut flush draw she does as well as a gut shot. Checks around.
– [Chris] Right now, ace high is… Oh, never mind. (Joe laughs) Queen comes on the turn, so that pulls Mercier ahead. – [Jessica] Next to the tournament, playing so much better. – [Jaime] What do you mean? Oh, yeah. I kept way too much.
(laughs) I kept a lot of that (drowned out). – [Joe] Sam is gonna bet this hard though, and hope as she gets called, she gets there. – [Chris] Hey, you can’t win the lottery unless you buy the tickets, you know what I mean? – [Joe] You gotta be in it to win it. – [Chris] She gets a call from Natasha, who hit the queen on the turn, and Abernathy does make her nut flush on the river. – [Cate] Just the tiniest bit of discipline.
– I know, (mumbles). – Your hand is so (drowned out). – Can’t do it. – Good call. – You can’t slow roll me.
(players laugh) (Chris laughs) – Wow. – Neither of you guys are good at slow rolling at all. – [Joe] That’s because it’s terrible. – [Chris] You shouldn’t be good at slow rolling. Is that what you’re saying? – [Joe] Exactly.
– [Jaime] But like, yeah. – It makes them wait because they can’t, like, touch you. – And you’re small, like they don’t get it. – And I think they can, like, hear your voice, but don’t process that you’re, like, on the… – [Jessica] They can’t find you, yeah.
– [Joe] Are we talking about dogs again? – [Chris] Yeah, man. – But I read a different study that said, like especially for pigs, like potbelly pigs and dogs, if you leave your TV on PBS, they don’t like actually learn things, but it’s just like they feel like a (drowned out). – [Chris] I’m gonna do that with you in the hotel room, Stapes. I’m gonna leave PBS on, see if you can learn a few things. – [Joe] Best of luck with that.
– [Jaime] I used to leave Animal Planet on for Littlefoot, but I felt like it was too aggressive. – [Joe] The only thing my hotel TV ever gets tuned to is usually blocked by the front desk. I leave the TV on for my dogs, but I leave it on pause. Get it? (crickets chirp) – [Sam] I think it has something to do with, like since PBS is like a learning for children… – [Joe] I’ll get my coat.
– [Jaime] It’s just someone talking. – [Chris] That joke was pretty rough. – [Sam] It was like directed at children, you know, and it’s like positive reinforcement stuff, and it was somehow connected to dogs… – [Jaime] That’s because it soothes them, whatever. – [Sam] Yeah. – [Chris] Diamonds all over the place here, and look at that, two more come on the flop. – [Joe] This could very very well be a shame.
– Yeah, Crouton gets like a little stressed. Like, I’ll FaceTime him when Chris is at home and I’m not, and he definitely, like he looks and he turns his head, and he doesn’t look happy. – Yeah, yeah. That’s how I feel with Beast. The only time I felt like he wasn’t sad when I picked him up, he was with my friend Jennifer, and she has a nine-year-old daughter, and I think the entire week he was like, he felt cozy at home. You know what I mean?
– 2550. – [Joe] Ooh, a raise. This could be the moment I’ve all been waiting for.
– I’m literally just trying to figure out how much you have because I’m meta-counting. – Oh sorry. – No, no, no. – Sam, calculator. – Got it. – [Jaime] It’s fine.
(players laugh) – [Sam] Have you seen Big Daddy. – [Jessica] Yeah, of course. – [Sam] How come they’re not easy ones. – [Jessica] Hip hop, hip hop anonymous. (laughs) – [Joe] This could very well be a shame. Cate’s never folding the nut flush draw, and Natasha’s never folding the straight flush draw, so my guess is it could all be going in here.
– [Jessica] Half my family’s like that with… – [Sam] And Liar Liar. – [Chris] Got a call from Cate. – [Jessica] My family’s like that with Christmas Vacation, Home Alone. – [Sam] Home Alone over and over.
Because that was like a little bit earlier than the Big Daddy days, but Macaulay Culkin (drowned out). – [Chris] All right, 7450 in the pot as we go to the turn. – [Sam] And then, we saw him another movie, (drowned out) this movie. (Jessica laughs) – [Joe] Natasha gets there with her straight, and she had better pray to dog that she does not improve to a flush. Wow, Cate just folds the nut flush draw.
I love it. Nice fold, Cate Hall. – [Chris] Unless the river was a diamond, then not so much. (announcers laugh) But the world will never know.
When we return, we have got a treat for you. We’re gonna play more poker. – I’ve got too much money. I’m not disciplined. – Too much money syndrome. I’ve never had it before, but one day.
– [Joe] This is season five, episode 48, the one where they play more poker. – Feeling like next year’s gonna be the year. (laughs) – [Sam] Next year. – I’ve been saying that for like the past 14 years. It’s gonna happen, eventually.
(laughs) Welcome back to Poker Night in America. – You know what, Chris? I was thinking, for legal reasons, I should probably go over all the release forms. – [Chris] Yeah, you can do that right after I white out everyone’s phone numbers and addresses. – I’m good on the release forms. – [Chris] More ladies’ night at Seminole Hard Rock with Joe Stapleton.
It is Chris Hanson. – I’ve never seen someone get back to even 200 at a time. – [Jessica] Me? – I feel like it’s happening, yeah. – [Jessica] No, that’s how I do.
– [Sam] That’s how I do. (laughs) – [Chris] Straddle’s on. – [Jessica] I don’t rebuy, I try to do it. – [Jaime] You’re doing it.
– [Chris] Jamie Kerstetter’s in for 100 dark, and Cate Hall has aces, hoo-ra. – [Jessica] Let’s see how well. – [Jaime] Yeah, you’re only down for five, right? – [Jessica] Yeah. – [Cate] Everyone’s stuck.
– I know. I’m really not, actually. – [Cate] You’re the only one stuck. – Three?
– [Sam] What is the pink one, five? – [Chris] Just 200 more to defend that straddle. – Five K? – Yeah. – [Jessica] It’s a chocolat.
– [Dealer] Heads up. – [Sam] Hmm? – [Jessica] I said chocolat, not chocolate. (laughs) – [Chris] So Jamie’s flopped a flush draw. – A chocolat? – Chocolat.
Have you ever seen that movie? Do you know that movie Chocolat with Johnny Depp. – [Sam] No. (laughs) – [Jessica] It’s almost a– – [Sam] Are you sure it’s not called Willy Wonka? – (mumbles) her picture? – Oh Sam, send it Sam.
– [Jessica] Sorry. – [Natasha] Wow, what? – [Sam] Ooh, a song. – [Jessica] Ooh, song, send it. – [Joe] Jamie, trying to not look too eager about this draw.
– [Sam] Are you sure? – [Jessica] Are you sure it’s not called Willy Wonka? I think it probably is.
– [Sam] (laughs) Willy Wonka. – [Joe] This is a really good and safe card for Cate to bet pretty big. She can get value from pairs and protect against draws.
– [Jessica] Yep, just came out. – [Joe] And Jamie’s definitely gotta call this with her increased increased equity now that she’s made a pair. – [Sam] I saw the part one of the last Hunger Games in theater, and I was so excited to see the next one. I was like, couldn’t believe I had to wait a year, you know, and then like, this last week, I was like, “Did that movie ever come out?” (players laugh) – [Jessica] I think there’s three of them now. (laughs) – [Chris] So Kerstetter looking for a diamond, another five, or an eight on the river.
– [Jessica] I really liked that movie Hunger Games. Did they ever make a sequel? Finding Nemo too. It just came out last week. – [Sam] I know. I kinda wanna see it, but I’m afraid I’m gonna be let down because I saw the… (laughs) – [Natasha] I’ve never seen the first one.
– [Jessica] She still thinks I’m talking about– I said Finding Nemo came out last week. – [Sam] Yeah. – [Jessica] Think about it. – [Joe] If she’s gonna bluff this, she’s gotta make it big. – [Sam] The second one, the new one.
– [Jessica] Finding Dory. – [Sam] Oh, okay. (laughs) – [Natasha] Oh. – [Sam] Oh, my gosh. – [Natasha] I didn’t even get it.
– [Joe] Just don’t see aces getting folded. – [Jessica] Think about it, anyone. – [Joe] Cate just said she had too much money and was making too many calls.
Jamie caught with her hand in the cookie jar. – Nice hand. – Thank you. – [Joe] Pair of fives, no good.
– [Jaime] How do you call me? I’m such a nit. – No. (players laugh) – [Chris] Boy, Cate Hall is doing everything right here tonight on Poker Night in America.
– That was a respectful call. – Yeah, that’s what I’m saying. When people say, “I’m giving you credit,” and they fold, I’m like, “No, you’re giving me no credit when you fold.”
– Exactly. – [Joe] I wish people would stop giving me credit. My interest payments are insane. (Chris laughs) – [Chris] Poker Night in America is brought to you by Sit & Go 2.0. – [Dealer] Raise, 300. – [Chris] Kings for Cate Hall.
She makes it 300, and Gavin calls. Now to Sam Abernathy out of the small blind. – When Sam gets quiet. (laughs) – I know.
You know she’s up to something. (Sam laughs) – Also, she’s looking at me for a raise. I haven’t looked yet. I’m like… (players laugh) I feel like I have a good (drowned out by laughter). – I hadn’t looked yet, either. I was like, “Let’s go.”
Let’s go, right down the trash can. – Did you notice that? Sometimes I just look in awkward places.
(laughs) – [Chris] All right, back to Cate Hall. – [Joe] Let’s see if she puts in another bet or just calls for a little deception. – [Sam] I do that, too. – [Chris] Well, she can’t four-bet because that’s always aces. – [Jessica] Looking to see if there’s anybody out there.
– [Chris] So technically… – [Jessica] Whoa, got them, (drowned out). – [Chris] see, she’s just gotta call. Even she knows the rules of the game. – [Joe] Not a real rule. – Do we have the same hand? – It’s not a good one.
– We must. – Probably not exactly the same hand. – (laughs) How do you know? – [Jessica] You both have four, five. – [Joe] Because there’s only four kings in the deck. – [Jessica] Wow.
– Are you sure? – We literally cannot have exactly the same hand. (Sam laughs) – [Joe] Sam continues really small, smaller than her pre-flop raise, totally fine in this situation. – Do you feel like that hits your range?
– (laughs) That hits my range, for sure. – [Jessica] Nailed it. – [Joe] Well, that’s Sam’s story, and she’s sticking to it. – [Cate] Oh, my God. – Oh, sorry. Not gonna get that.
– [Chris] 3500, this pot worth over $10,000 before Cate calls, folds, or raises. – [Jessica] You can do it. Yeah, let’s go. – [Chris] Cate Hall does call, so now we’re over 14,000 in the middle. – [Joe] Really not much out there for kings to be scared of. – [Jessica] I hope you double up through anyone but me.
– [Joe] And Sam Rivers a flush draw. Now would be a good time to wave the white flag. Oh, is she really gonna go for this? – [Chris] But now is also the time to just drop one last big stack of chips on the river to try to take this away. – [Joe] The board’s double paired, so she better make this full house sized. – All in.
– [Joe] And she does. She really, really went for it. – Huh?
I actually do think it hits your range. (laughs) Yeah. – [Chris] There go the kings. Wow, what a bluff.
– Show it, show it. We’re gonna see it anyway. – [Chris] Here it comes, boom. – [Players] Ooh.
– You were gonna see it anyway. – Yeah. – [Jessica] Nice hand, especially the river card. – Yeah. You have a pair? – You think?
(players laugh) – [Chris and Joe] Damn! – I say that because she’s a good friend, and she understands the context is like, “Yes, I feel like I am burnt by that hand, “but it’ll be fine in 10 minutes, “and then we’ll go get a drink.” (laughs) It’s just like part of the game for professional poker players.
and claim your free Sit & Go 2.0 strategy e-book. Welcome back to Hollywood, Florida. It’s time to take a look at our absolute final chip counts from our time here at Seminole Hard Rock. Samantha Abernathy was an absolute menace on the table, winning 24 grand. Cate Hall, despite being bluffed in that last hand, still finishes up 10.
Jamie Kerstetter and her dog, Crouton, (dog barks) well, they’re gonna take home nearly nine K. Jess Dawley leaves with just a small loss, so relax. And Lexy Gavin leaves with a bigger loss. And Kelly Minkin… (bomb explodes) – We’ll be back next time with more regular poker.
Not that we don’t love the typical male physique we feature on the show, but just saying, the ladies will be missed. – Ditto and deuces. If you want more Poker Night in America, we have a free social poker app that you can download and have your own poker night with your friends. It’s been updated now and also includes Omaha, and some lucky player is gonna win a seat on our show. Download that today for Apple or Android. It’s totally free.
And also, make sure you follow us on social media accounts including YouTube and Twitch where you can see full episodes, live streams, and get exclusive content. For everyone here at Poker Night in America, that’s Joe Stapleton, I’m Chris Hanson. Thanks for watching. Poker Night in America is brought to you by Kimo Sabe Mezcal and Sit & Go 2.0. – Good call.
– You can’t slow roll me. (players laugh) – Wow.